Do you know any artists who might be interested in watching cartoonist Stephan Pastis (Pearls Before Swine) and me competing to see who can draw a comic strip fastest? (Spoiler: I use some cool new technology.)
You will have some questions after viewing it. Here are your answers.
- Yes, I do know I am a terrible actor.
- It was filmed at my house.
- No one was paid (except the film crew).
- The 3-way product placement in the clip is the reason it exists.
- We had a script but didn’t stick to it.
- The architectural element on the outside of my house at the start of the clip was designed to look like Dilbert’s head. It is not visible from the street.
We designed the clip to have viral qualities (humor, surprise, relevance). I’ll know if it worked by the end of today. If you have ever grappled with the question of how to make content viral, you’ll see a lot of the science incorporated in the clip. I’ll blog about some of the technique behind it in coming days.
Let me know what you think.
How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life.