- Guest: Michael Shellenberger, nuclear power expert, environmentalist
- France: 75% nuclear powered, less pollution created, lower costs
- Germany: Abandoned nuclear, 50% higher energy costs, more pollution
- Sunless, windless days make those alternative possibilities unreliable
- Both requires batteries, lots and lots of batteries
- Environmental cost of batteries
- Unreliable producers of energy
- Michael Shellenberger: We should stick with and develop
- light water cooled nuclear solutions, not Gen IV
- Bill Gates has embraced Gen IV research and development
- 12 startups are pursuing Gen IV technology
- Nuclear energy is promoted as safer, cleaner than coal
- Congressional support for development is bipartisan
- Climate change people fear that more than nuclear concerns
- If you’re pro-science, nuclear power is the best known answer
- Solar and wind will NEVER provide world’s power needs
Please donate to support my Periscopes and Podcasts:
I also fund my Periscopes and podcasts via audience micro-donations on Patreon. I prefer these methods over accepting advertisements or working for a “boss” somewhere because it keeps my voice independent. No one owns me, and that is rare. I’m trying in my own way to make the world a better place, and your contributions help me stay inspired to do that.
See all of my Periscope videos here.
Find my WhenHub Interface app here.
below is a demonstration of the personal DONATE button you can add to any blog or web page. All you need is a free account on the Interface by WhenHub app.